| The view from my hotel balcony |
I am here! After a long series of flights and 1 lost bag, I am finally in Bangalore. I left midday on Friday and got in around 1:30am Sunday morning, Indian time. I made my way through guest services, customs and to the hotel by 4:00. As the plane was preparing to land, a flood of emotion swept through me. Am I the right person for this fellow? Will I be successful enough for both Quest and Design Impact? Can I be the newbie in a foreign place again, away from my family and friends for 6 months? These and a host of other thoughts released from my subconscious during landing, leaving me feeling so vulnerable and so very human. It has been a while since I have been this exposed and as scary as it is, it is one of the most exciting feelings in the world.
I met one of the other fellows, Mario, at the airport after getting through customs and once I heard him laugh, all the doubt and anxiety dissolved away. This is where I should be. It will be fun, inspiring, challenging and I definitely have this. I can't wait to get started!
Below are images from my last breakfast in San Francisco and my first in Bangalore. Shubha dina.

0 comments:
Post a Comment